Tuesday, March 12, 2013

How accurate is Lucile K Forer's desccription of your birth order?

How accurate is Lucile K Forer's description of your birth order?

    

      The article " How Your Birth Order Influences Your Life Adjustment" by Lucile K. Forer described about the birth order. When I read it, I gained the sympathy with this article. It was quite similar to my sisters and me.

     In this article, the first child becomes parental and may not have many opportunities to spend time with his parents after he has a sibling because his sibling needs to get more attention than him. It means that the first child makes a concession many things to his sibling. For example, my older sister is really responsible to me and my younger sister. When we have problems, my older siser likes listening to our troubles carefully, and she scolds me about my faults instead of my parents.

     The article explained that the middle child has many abilities to do something. Moreover, the parents do not worry about the later child as much as the first child. In my case, when my older sister was young, my parents were so conservative. They never permitted my older sister to go the camp and spend time with her friends at late night. However, after I was born my parents did not worry about my sister any more, and they suggested everything what she wanted to do for her hobbies. My parents became open-minded.

      I agree with the sentence which the youngest child often relies on the partents from this article. No matter what people say, it is nevertheless the truth in my family. My older sister and I work the part time job when we want to buy something, but my younger sister doesn't save the money, and just spend all of it. Moreover, if she wants to do or get something, my parents always grant her wish. Therefore, she usually can not solve the problems alone, and she needs my parents' help all the time.

      I do not know exactly about the only child who becomes independent after he/she grows up, but when I see my friends who are the only children in their family like to spend time alone.

     In conclusion, the article said that people have their own characters from the birth order. In my opinion, the birth older characteristics are affected by family size, the environment, and circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment